|Duration of the assignment
|1st July 2023 – 31st December 2024 (18 months)
Joint Energy and Environment Projects (JEEP) is an indigenous registered non-Governmental
Organization in line with the requirements of the NGO Act 2016, located in Kyanja off Gayaza Road, 7 Miles from Kampala city center in Uganda.
The Organization was founded in 1983 and it has been working directly with local community groups, individuals, institutions, and other organizations to stop environmental destruction and promote efficient management of natural resources as its fundamental mission and a core vision for having a Ugandan society with a ‘’safe environment for a sure future’’.
JEEP has created environmental awareness at all levels of societies; influencing policies and integrating environmental considerations in all aspects of social, economic, and cultural development through ensuring that households use energy efficient technologies, agro-forestry and sustainable agriculture; foster and bring concrete impacts in terms of food and fuel - wood security, improved nutrition, increased incomes and raised standards of living. Joint Energy and Environment Projects (JEEP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Youth mobiliser.
The Youth Mobiliser will be responsible for youth engagement and empowerment in the assigned area through mobilization, awareness, and monitoring. He/she will be responsible to ensure the active participation of youth in specific activities, such as (but not limited to) training and Income Generating Activities (IGAs). Furthermore, in straight synergy with the co-workers and other stakeholders he/she will be responsible to carry out youth engagement programs related to thematic areas of Energy and Environment.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Design and develop internal programs with the working team. Assist in planning projects and other activities.
- Arrange monthly discussions, awareness, and training sessions with/for the youth community including general community members.
- Train and implement monthly project activities with the youth.
- Ensure, encourage, and stimulate full participation in the planned socio/economic activities with special attention, to children, youth, adolescents, women, disabled, elderly, and other who may be marginalized and overlooked in community decision-making.
- Timely submit to the Supervisor weekly/monthly report of the youth mobilization activities implemented.
- Manage and well maintain the assigned equipment and materials allocated for community mobilization and outreach activities.
- Liaise and maintain communication between JEEP, general community members, and other project stakeholders in Nebbi.
- Together with project officers document key project processes, lessons learnt and significant change stories to inform internal and external stakeholders on impact made by the project.
- Collaborate with Youths associations, local government authorities and with the respective communities in the awareness creation on social advocacy and environmental conservation.
Qualification and experience
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in social science or a degree in a related field with commensurate work experience.
- Have a minimum of two years experience in related work
- Technical knowledge and experience in livelihood work are a strong added advantage
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently.
- She/he should have a passion for Children and youth.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Good understanding of national legal requirements relating to HR, including labor laws and administrative laws especially those legal provisions relating to children and others.
- Should be computer-literate with knowledge in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Possess a valid riding permit will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with children, adolescents, and youth.
- Ability to speak Alur and English.
Other important considerations
Applicants between 26 – 35 years are mainly requested to apply.
Contract length for the Youth mobiliser is up to 31st December 2024. JEEP offers a salary package (salary, medical insurance, and NSSF) in accordance to experience and JEEP HR Manual.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter addressed to the Human Resource officer via the email address provided; email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com. Deadline for applying is 23rd June 2023.
JEEP is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of gender, marital status and religious, political, or ethnic affiliation.
While we appreciate your interest to work with JEEP, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.