DRIVER JOB ANNOUNCEMENT.
Duty station: Kampala
Duration of the advertisement: from 23rd April to 30th April, 2021 Duration of the assignment: 12 months.
ABOUT JEEP Joint Energy and Environment Projects (JEEP) is an indigenous registered Non-Governmental Organization in line with the requirements of the NGO Act 2016, located in Kyanja off Gayaza Road, 7 Miles from Kampala city center in Uganda.
The Organization was founded in 1983 and it has been working directly with local community groups, individuals, institutions and other organizations to stop environmental destruction and promote efficient management of natural resources as its fundamental mission and a core vision for having a Ugandan society with a ‘’safe environment for a sure future’’.
JEEP has created environmental awareness at all levels of societies; influencing policies and integrating environmental considerations in all aspects of social, economic and cultural development through ensuring that households use energy efficient technologies, agro-forestry and sustainable agriculture; foster and bring concrete impacts in terms of food and fuel - wood security, improved nutrition, increased incomes and raised standards of living. Joint Energy and Environment Projects (JEEP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Driver.
Working under the leadership of the Finance and Administrative Officer, The Driver will be responsible for ensuring all Office vehicles are in good conditions. He/she is responsible for driving all different types of JEEP Vehicles by strictly following internal security and national traffic rules. He/she will be responsible fueling and cleaning of the Vehicles. He/she will ensure transporting people and /or material.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by driving office vehicles for the transport of JEEP Staff, officials and visitors delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items,and meeting and dropping staff, officials and visitors at the airport, including following up and assisting with visa and customs formalities when required.
• Ensures cost-savings through JEEP rule of proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs preparation of and submission of inputs for scheduled vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
• Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes and water levels, car washing, etc so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
• Follow up with relevant officials on all standard documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts; and tools for use in emergency situations due to weather situation and bad roads in the field.
• Ensures that rules and regulations governing drivers are strictly observed; and appropriate action taken in a timely manner in case of any accident.
• Ensures proper use of systematic vehicle maintenance plans and prepare vehicle history report.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the management.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The Driver must have the following:
1. At least a minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
2. A valid driving permit.
3. At least four years’ work experience as a driver in a recognized organization, embassy etc with a safe driving record and a clean driver’s license.
4. Proven technical skills in detecting problem with the vehicle and undertaking minor vehicle repairs and electronics experience.
5. Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, and local roads and conditions.
6. Basic English communication skill.
7. Excellent interpersonal communication skill.
8. Person of integrity and dependable.
OTHER IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS:
Applicants between 35 – 40 years are mainly encouraged to apply.
Contract length for the driver is up to April 2021 with possibility of extension based on job performance.
JEEP offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and NSSF) in accordance to experience and JEEP HR Manual.
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline for applying is 30th April, 2021 at 5:00pm .
JEEP is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
While we appreciate your interest to work with JEEP, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted