Networking, Consultation & Advocacy
Networking & Consultation
JEEP facilitates networking among community-based groups, NGOs, schools and institutions, government authorities and international agencies for purposes of information exchange, experience and skills transfer on issues of forestry, energy, biodiversity conservation, appropriate technology and advocacy.
JEEP is a pioneer member of the Development Network of Indigenous Voluntary Associations DENIVA
JEEP has established links with:
- INFORSE — International Network for Sustainable Energy – DK
- Nordic Folkecenter for Renewable Energy
- Uganda Carbon Bureau
- CREEC – Center for Research in Energy and Energy Conservation
- PCIA – Partnership for Clean Indoor Air
- PELLUM- Participatory Ecological Land use Management
- UCSD – Uganda Coalition for Sustainable Development
- UVic — University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- CIP — International Potato Center
- Faculty of Agriculture – Makerere University
- Kampala City Council
- Artefact Germany
Networking in Uganda
“Joint Energy and Environment Projects” Network auf einer größeren Karte anzeigen
JEEP advocates for policy change and law reform in favour of environment protection through submitting memoranda and participating in international solidarity campaigns for a better environment.
We have been involved in numerous local and international forums, consultative meetings with government agencies/departments and CSOs; contributed to national reports, participated in international celebrated days (e.g. World Environment Day) and international solidarity campaigns. During the Elections, JEEP holds a Green Manifesto Campaign. A “Green Checklist” to raise concern over environmental issues.
JEEP partners with Uganda Carbon Bureau and Jane Goodall Institute to issue the Climate Sense Magazine